A sugar-free sparkling cranberry cocktail is something I missed while on the keto diet. After getting creative with our low carb sangria, I decided to use a similar method to create this cranberry infused cocktail.
Ingredients You Need:
- Cranberry Tea Bags
- granulated sugar substitute of your choice
- sparkling water
- vodka (or omit this completely for an alcohol-free treat)
Tutorial Video: Sugar-Free Sparkling Cranberry Cocktail
If you like keto recipes like this one, be sure and subscribe to our YouTube channel "Tara's Keto Kitchen". We post a new keto recipe each week.
Sugar-Free Sparkling Cranberry Cocktail
- 4 Cranberry Tea Bags
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar substitute (See below for recommendations)
- 16 ounces sparkling water
- 4 ounces vodka
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil and add in tea bags. Turn off the heat and place the lid on the pan. Allow the tea to steep in the water for ten minutes.
- Remove the tea bags, squeezing the excess water out of each one. Stir in the granulated sugar substitute until it is completely dissolved.
- Then, transfer the sweetened cranberry tea concentrate to a glass cup and cover. Place this in the fridge to chill for at least four hours. See the notes section for rapid cooling instructions.
To Make The Cocktails In A Large Batch
- In a 2 quart pitcher, combine sweetened cranberry tea concentrate and vodka and stir together. Pour in sparkling water and mix gently. Pour into four glasses filled with ice and enjoy! Cheers.
To Make Individual Cocktails
- In a 10-ounce glass, combine ¼ cup (2 ounces) cranberry tea concentrate and ⅛ cup (1 ounce) of vodka. Stir together. Next, add in ice cubes. Top your drink off with ½ cup (4 ounces) sparkling water. Cheers!
What Sugar Substitute Should You Use?
I have a very sensitive palate for sugar substitutes. If I were to choose just one option, it would be BochaSweet. Otherwise, I would blend three different sugar substitutes together. I find blending sugar substitutes provide the best "real sugar" taste.
Our sugar substitute of choice is BochaSweet and there's good reason for this!
BochaSweet is extracted from the Kabocha pumpkin which has been a staple in the Japanese diet for centuries. Consuming BochaSweet on a daily basis helps to support longevity and supports healthy blood sugar levels.
Even better? It tastes almost exactly like real sugar. There's no thin flavor or metallic aftertaste. I think most of us are looking for something that tastes amazing because only a full, satisfying taste is going to work over the long-term.
So, if we are going to go to all the work to make these keto parfaits so we can please our tastebuds AND stick to our keto diet. Well, we want the result to taste GOOD not... just 'meh' and unsatisfying. For this reason plus the health benefits, we reach for BochaSweet every time.
More Sugar Substitute Options
Here's a list of our favorite sugar-substitutes. We have all of these in our keto kitchen:
- Lakanto's Golden Monk Fruit Blend
- Lakanto's Original Monk Fruit Blend
- Lakanto Monk Fruit Drops
- Sweet Leaf Stevia Drops
More Keto Cocktail Recipes
You can experiment with different bases for this sugar free coffee liquor including rum, brandy, vodka and even whisky! Kahlua is traditionally made with rum. Do what tastes good!
Broderick Honse says