These low carb peanut butter blondies are so good you'll keep coming back for more.
Eating the entire pan may be a problem…
I recommend cutting these once cool and freezing them in a tightly sealed container in the freezer.
This may prevent you from eating the whole darn pan!
Are Peanuts Keto?
Now, you may be wondering “Is Peanut Butter Keto?”
Technically…. NO. Peanuts are actually not a nut. They are a legume… and on Whole Keto we don't eat legumes. So….
IF you're following a strict Keto Diet, then this low carb peanut butter blondie recipe isn't for you. However, you could choose to use a different nut butter to make these. Macadamia Nut Butter works well as does almond butter. Actually, you can make your own Macadamia Nut Butter.
However, if you're one to choose to indulge a little from time to time and want an indulgence that's low carb… this could be allowed.
In the end, the decision is yours to make.
Comment and let me know your thoughts!
P.S. This can be a highly controversial topic. I'd love to hear your opinion so comment below. And… I do recommend Organic Peanut Butter if at all possible because it's more likely to contain just peanuts and salt.
Peanut Butter Often Contains Hidden Sugars
Before you make these, throw out the old peanut butter and find a brand that only has peanuts and salt on the label. Organic peanut butter tends to contain fewer ingredients but some will have honey or another sweetener in it to add to the flavor.
Did You Say Chocolate?
Need some chocolate with your low carb peanut butter blondies??
Mix in some dark chocolate chips before baking …
Or, for a faster solution…Melt some dark chocolate and drizzle it over the top.
Is there anything better than peanut butter + chocolate??
Ingredients for Low Carb Peanut Butter Blondies
Here's a few ingredients you'll need to make these low carb peanut butter blondies:
- Organic Peanut Butter (preferably)
- Pure Vanilla Extract (no sugar added)
- Bocha Sweet (Seriously, you need this!) or you can try Monk Fruit Sweetener
- Liquid Stevia Drops
- Coconut Flour
- Coconut Oil
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Grain Free Baking Powder (if you can find it…if not… just use what you have)
- Sea Salt
Video: Low Carb Peanut Butter Blondies
Check out my YouTube channel “Tara's Keto Kitchen”!
I share new videos and recipes every week. Subscribe so you're notified by YouTube when the recipes post.
Low Carb Peanut Butter Blondies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees convection)
- Add eggs and mix until combined.
- In a small separate bowl, weigh your coconut flour and add salt. Mix this dry mixture into your wet peanut butter mixture for about two minutes, making sure the coconut flour is thoroughly combined. The mixture will thicken as you mix it as the coconut flour absorbs moisture from the wet ingredients.
- Finally, add your grain free baking powder. If you can't find grain free baking powder you can substitute 1/3 tsp cream of tarter plus 2/3 tsp baking soda. If you make this substitution, work quickly to get your bars in the oven as this is a single acting compound and needs to be baked right away to yield a good rise.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×9 baking pan.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Be careful not to over-bake.
- Allow to cool before cutting into pieces. Enjoy!
You can also melt some sugar free chocolate and drizzle over the top of the blondies Note: Nutritional Information is an estimate.