The very best part of the muffin is the muffin top!!! These Keto Muffin tops are a cross between a muffin and a sugar cookie.
Cause who doesn't love the perfect sweet taste of sugar cookies??
These freeze really well. In fact, I bake these up and store them in the freezer for a quick "on-the-go" breakfast option or when I want a sweet treat with my morning coffee.
They are delicate and light and full of that delicious sugar cookie taste!
Bocha Sweet is the secret ingredient here because it tastes so much like sugar. You can substitute other granulated sweeteners--but proceed at your own risk ?
Why Bocha Sweet?
Bocha Sweet is hands down my favorite sugar substitute.
Not only because it tastes and acts more like sugar than any other option out there...
But also because it's actually a superfood!
I love that I can feel GOOD about using Bocha Sweet.
Bocha Sweet is made from the extract of the Kabocha Pumpkin. It does NOT cause an insulin response and helps support healthy blood sugar levels.
The Kabocha pumpkin has been a staple of the Japanese diet for centuries and is a superfood.
Can I Substitute _____ ?
Substitutions when Baking Keto don't work very well. Substitute at your own risk. If you change something and the recipe doesn't work, it was likely the substitution.
Baking Grain-Free and Keto is challenging, even for the best bakers!
Ingredients for Keto Muffin Tops
Here's a few things you will need to make perfect keto muffin tops every time...
- Bocha Sweet (Seriously, you need this!)
- Liquid Stevia
- Coconut Oil
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pure Almond Extract
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Baking Soda
- Cream of Tartar
- Xanthan Gum
Tutorial Video: Keto Muffin Tops
Check out my YouTube channel “Tara's Keto Kitchen”!
I share new videos and recipes every week. Subscribe so you're notified by YouTube when the recipes post.
[cp_modal display="inline" id="cp_id_3e0df"][/cp_modal]
Keto Sugar Cookie Muffin Tops
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ Cup Coconut Oil melted
- 2 Ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Pure Almond Extract
- ¾ Cup Bocha Sweet or Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 30 Drops Liquid Stevia
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Tsp Cream of Tartar
- ¼ Tsp Xanthan Gum
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ¼ Cup Coconut Flour 30 g
- 1 Cup Blanched Superfine Almond Flour 112 g
- Blend with hand or stand mixer until completely combined and the Bocha Sweet has dissolved.
- Mix for two minutes. Allow mixture to rest for 5 minutes. (The coconut flour will absorb the liquids)
- Scoop to a baking tray.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow cooling time of 10 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an air-tight container in the freezer!