Keto Maple Pecan Nut Butter takes less than twenty minutes to whip up and is best enjoyed by the spoonful… or as a topping for my keto waffles, pancakes or bread.
To make this nut butter recipe, you'll need a high quality food processor or blender that can handle the work. I use my food processor to make homemade nut butters regularly. Mine is a Cuisinart 11 cup food processor that's been in my kitchen for over ten years. It's been a true work-horse.
If you want a plain pecan nut butter, you can simply omit the flavorings and sweeteners. But, I think you'll enjoy the way the flavors of fall round out the taste of the pecan butter.
We Love Nut Butters
You could use MCT oil, extra virgin olive oil or algae oil as alternatives to the avocado oil. Pecans seem to need a little extra oil to blend up into a nut butter and be creamy. Next time I make this recipe for Keto Maple Pecan Nut Butter, I am going to use MCT oil.
Now, I think I'm going to go get a cup of coffee and a spoonful of this delicious manna from heaven. I just can't wait for you to try this Keto Maple Pecan Nut Butter!
Your New Favorite Nut Butter
Pecans behaved a bit differently than other nuts I've used to make keto nut butter. I had to add more oil than I imagined I would. Add your oil about a half tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency for your nut butter. I'm interested to hear your story with making this keto maple pecan butter. Comment and tell me how much oil you needed (please).
Ingredients for Keto Maple Pecan Nut Butter
Here's a few ingredients you'll need to make this keto maple pecan nut butter:
- Raw Pecans
LankatoSyrup -or- Bocha Sweet (Seriously, you need this!)
- Maple Extract (watch for hidden sugars in the ingredients list in all flavoring extracts)
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Avocado Oil
- Ground Cinnamon -or- Cinnamon Bark Vitality Essential Oil (2 drops)
Salt FoodProcessor (I like Cuisinart Food Processors–they have been workhorses for me!)
Tutorial Video: Keto Maple Pecan Nut Butter
Check out my YouTube channel “Tara's Keto Kitchen”!
I share new videos and recipes every week. Subscribe and click the bell icon on YouTube so you're notified by YouTube when the recipes post.
Keto Maple Pecan Nut Butter (<1 net carb per serving)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Toast 4 cups of Pecans for 7-10 minutes, allow them to for about 10 minutes
- In a food processor combine: 4 cups Pecans, toasted, 1 Tbsp Lankato Maple Syrup, 5 Tbsp Avocado Oil (or Olive Oil), 1 tsp Watkins Maple Extract, ½ tsp Watkins Pure Vanilla, ½ tsp ground cinnamon, ½ tsp salt
- Pulse until chopped and then run on high for 5 minutes.
- Store in a tightly sealed container at room temperature for up to a week or in the refrigerator for up to a month.