This Savory Keto Cloud Bread with Parmesan cheese is perfect as a side to a keto casserole or even for savory sandwich buns.
The first time I tasted cloud bread, I immediately saw all the possibilities for this stuff. If you haven't made it yet, then you should!!
With this cloud bread recipe, I have mixed in Parmesan cheese and then sprinkled the clouds with sesame seeds.
The result is the perfect keto sandwich bread! It also works great with hamburgers. The really great part is that this doesn't take very long to make.
I can whip these up and have them baking while the hamburgers are cooking on the grill!
The Ketogenic lifestyle doesn't have to be challenging. Discover how quick and easy making low carb bread can be.
Keep reading for tips and ingredient recommendations as well as the full nutrition information.
Keto Cloud Bread Tips
Soften The Cream Cheese
Soften your cream cheese so that it's nice and squishy. You want it to mix into the egg mixture easily. Hard cream cheese takes a long time to mix in and you'll end up stirring a lot of the air out of the eggwhites which you don't want to do!
Avoid mixing your ingredients too much. This is why I
Savory Keto Cloud Bread Substitutions
I recommend purchasing the Acacia Fiber for your baking needs. It's a gentle fiber that won't cause any GI distress and doesn't add any flavor. It's also non-thickening. If you use either flax or psyllium husks you'll want to work quickly!
You can make these dairy free by substituting non-dairy cream cheese.
Goat cheese also works really well in this recipe.
Ingredients for Savory Keto Cloud Bread
Here's a ingredients & gadgets for this keto recipe:
- Egg Separator
- Hand Mixer
- Mixing Bowls
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Cream of Tartar
- Acacia Fiber Powder
- Xanthan Gum
Tutorial Video: Savory Keto Cloud Bread
Check out my YouTube channel “Tara's Keto Kitchen”!
I share new videos and recipes every week. Subscribe so you're notified by YouTube when the recipes post.
Savory Keto Cloud Bread (0 Net Carb)
- Separate the eggs. Place the whites in a medium bowl and the yolks in a smaller bowl.
- Whip the egg whites & cream of tartar until the egg whites form soft peaks.
- Combine the 2 mixtures by folding them gently together.
- Scoop batter onto a lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top of each “cloud”.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool before removing your cloud bread from the pan.
- Store for up to 2 days in a tightly sealed container. If you need these to keep longer, store in the fridge or freezer.