You'll have these quick and easy keto cinnamon rolls made in less than an hour!
As the holidays approach, I find myself thinking of sweet treats to greet the cold mornings. The other day, my girlfriend and I were dreaming of fluffy cinnamon rolls to go with our morning coffee.
The next day, I woke with the idea to modify the cloud bread recipe to work for cinnamon rolls. I knew it wouldn't be complete without an indulgent cream cheese frosting to go on top. You'll find both recipes below.
These keto cinnamon rolls are easier and faster to make than traditional cinnamon rolls. We don't have to wait for
These whip up (literally) in a matter of 5 minutes. (Hence the "easy keto cinnamon roll" label
BochaSweet: My Secret Weapon
One of my secret ingredients is BochaSweet. It's a newer sugar alternative on the market made from a
Our sugar substitute of choice is BochaSweet and there's good reason for this!
BochaSweet is extracted from the Kabocha pumpkin which has been a staple in the Japanese diet for centuries. Consuming BochaSweet on a daily basis helps to support longevity and supports healthy blood sugar levels.
Even better? It tastes almost exactly like real sugar. There's no thin flavor or metallic aftertaste. I think most of us are looking for something that tastes amazing because only a full, satisfying taste is going to work over the long-term.
So, if we are going to go to all the work to make these keto parfaits so we can please our tastebuds AND stick to our keto diet. Well, we want the result to taste GOOD not... just 'meh' and unsatisfying. For this reason plus the health benefits, we reach for BochaSweet every time.
Tips & Tricks for Easy Keto Cinnamon Rolls
There's a few very important things to note the first time you make these easy keto cinnamon rolls.
Soften The Cream Cheese
Soften your cream cheese to the point where you can easily stir it. If your cream cheese is not softened adequately, you will have to work hard to incorporate it into the egg white mixture which will flatten your whipped egg whites and your results won't be quite the same as mine.
Carefully Separate The Eggs
When you separate your egg yolks from your egg whites, be very careful not to get any yolk into the egg white mixture.
What happens if you get some yolk in the egg white mixture? Your egg whites won't whip up well.
This happens to me from time to time, and I end up making someone a quick scrambled egg. LOL. To prevent the yolk from getting into the white, you can crack one egg at a time into a small bowl. Then combine the successfully cracked ones. This way, if the third egg is a mess you don't have to start completely over. You just have to sacrifice one egg!
Stabilize With Cream of Tartar
The cream of tartar is important because it helps the egg whites whip up, provides them some structure and helps prevent them from falling flat. Don't skip this ingredient unless you absolutely can't get your hands on it.
Substitutions For Easy Keto Cinnamon Rolls
Substituting Natural Sweeteners
These rolls work fine with any of my recommended natural sweet
Substituting the Acacia Fiber
I highly recommend you get some acacia fiber stocked in your pantry for Keto Baking. However, in a pinch you can use ground psyllium husks. You'll end up with a slightly wheaty flavor using the psyllium husks.
You can also experiment with omitting it altogether. You may need to cut the rolls with a fork and not be able to pick them up. The extra fiber provides some structure.
Ingredients for Easy Keto Cinnamon Rolls
Here's a few ingredients you'll need to make these easy keto cinnamon rolls:
- Liquid Stevia Drops
- Acacia Fiber
- Cream of Tartar
- Madagascar Pure Vanilla
- Maple Extract
Tutorial Video: Easy Keto Cinnamon Rolls
Check out my YouTube channel “Tara's Keto Kitchen”!
I share new videos and recipes every week. Subscribe so you're notified by YouTube when the recipes post.
Easy Keto Cinnamon Rolls (2 Net Carbs)
- 3 eggs separated
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 ounces cream cheese,, softened
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon Acacia fiber powder provides structure & fiber
- 1 Tablespoon BochaSweet
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon maple extract
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 20 drops liquid Stevia
- ½ cup BochaSweet
- pinch salt
- First, preheat your oven to 300 degrees and line a few baking sheets with parchment paper. This recipe makes 8 cinnamon rolls. You can easily double the recipe for a bigger batch.
- Separate your eggs, being very careful not to let any yolk into your egg white mixture.
- In a medium size bowl with a wide bottom, add the egg whites and ¼ tsp cream of tarter and whip until egg whites form stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg yolks, cream cheese, cinnamon, vanilla, acacia powder, salt and BochaSweet. Blend this mixture until thoroughly combined and no lumps remain. (Note: Make sure that your cream cheese is at room temperature so it blends well)
- Gently fold the egg yolk & cream cheese mixture into the egg whites. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Ladle portions onto your parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until browned and cooked through. Cool before frosting.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- Warm ingredients to room temperature and then combine in your mixer bowl. Blend together on low speed and then whip on high until light and fluffy (at least 3 minutes).
Please Leave A Comment