This week's free keto weekly meal plan has a full range of new, delicious recipes. And this week includes our delicious Perfect Keto Waffles & Keto Quiche. You're going to absolutely love the variety of keto meals this week.
Let me know how you like it!
CLICK HERE to get this week's free keto meal plan.
Links To Keto Meal Plan Recipes
Below you'll find handy links to this week's keto recipes. You'll also find links inside the downloadable PDF above. Be sure and scroll down for more information.
Discover Our Products
HEALTH COACH APPROVED KETO PRODUCTS TO TRY
There are hundreds of keto products available that contain ingredients that hold many people back from the success they could be having on the keto diet. Below, you'll find our most up-to-date selection of health coach approved keto products.
Tara and Jeremy have personally vetted these products for quality & ingredients. The links below are affiliate links, which means, if you choose to purchase through our link, we will get a small % from the company for sending you to them. We try and give you a discount on your purchase with these companies.
Using these links does not cost you anything extra, and it's a great way to help support our mission. Our promise to you is never to recommend a product we haven't personally tried and researched. Please choose to use our links each time you order. Thank you so much 🙂
Keto Electrolytes (Avoid The Keto Flu & Support Your Body)
- Save 10% with coupon code TARAKETO
- Keto K1000 Electrolyte powder (powerful hydration for keto beginners)
- Keto IV - our favorite flavored electrolyte concentrate. No fillers or artificial ingredients.
- Hy-Lyte Capsules - Electrolytes in a capsule for those who don't like the taste of liquid electrolytes
Keto Chow Electrolytes
- Explore Keto Chow's line of liquid electrolyte supplements and save 10% off your first order by clicking here.
Most of the sugar-free chocolate on the market contains maltitol, which can cause gas, cramping, and bloating. Plus, for many, maltitol will spike blood sugar. Beware of this in all sugar-free candies and bars and avoid this ingredient if possible.
- Save 20% off your Lakanto Order with Coupon Code KETOKITCHEN
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Bars
If you're looking for a smoothie meal replacement that is keto-friendly, look no further. This family-run Utah run company is owned by a caring couple who pour their heart into their products.
- Save 10% off your first purchase by using our link here. (Please use our link each time you order as well.)
- Our favorite flavors are Natural Strawberry, Snickerdoodle, Mocha
- They also have soup mixes!
Real Good Foods - Healthy Frozen Convenience Foods
These ready-made frozen products are the ones we turn to when we're
short on time and want to stick to our keto diet. You'll find a wide variety of single-serving products such as:
- Pizza Crusts
- Ice Cream
- Breakfast Sandwiches (Sausage, Bacon and Turkey Sausage)
Save 15% off Real Good Foods Coupon Code TARAKETO
Super Fat - Nut Butters & Cookie Bites
See our full article on MCT Oils & Supplements here.
Of the dozen's of MCT Oils we've tested, we find ourselves coming back to Bulletproof MCT Oil. We use their MCT Oil blend for cooking and their Brain Octane Oil in our coffee when we need an extra energy boost from MCT's.
MCT Powder Powder
MCT Powder is a great substitute for coffee creamers. Our favorite brand is Perfect Keto because they don't use fillers and they plate the MCT Oil to gut-healthy acacia fiber. You'll be boosting your gut health with the MCT's and the acacia fiber.
- Save 15% with coupon code TARAKETO and by clicking here.
Lakanto Sugar Substitutes & Chocolate
- Save 20% off your Lakanto Order with Coupon Code KETOKITCHEN
- We recommend all of their sugar substitutes except for the baking blend because it contains inulin.
Testing For Ketosis
- Save 15% off all meter kits with our link. This could be HSA/FSA health plan reimbursable. See their website for full information.
- Breath testing can be much more affordable than blood testing but beware of inaccurate cheap monitors on the market. We've tested this one against a few others, and you can watch our review video here.
Specialty Ingredients For The Keto Diet
There are a few specialty ingredients I recommend you invest in. These ingredients will go a long way in making the keto version taste much more like the real thing. Most of these specialty ingredients will last a long time and are a worthwhile investment for your keto kitchen.
Like many other gums, xanthan gum is a binder and an emulsifier that has been used for years in gluten-free baking. This specialty ingredient is used to hold food together or as a thickener. For a fun experiment to understand how it works, combine a tablespoon of water with a quarter teaspoon of xanthan gum. You'll be amazed at how rapidly the xanthan gum turns into a gel. It's this property that makes it shine in keto baking.
Acacia Fiber or Gum
This gentle fiber acts as an emulsifier and binder in baked goods. Unlike xanthan gum, acacia gum (or fiber) doesn't thicken and become gummy when too much is used. I use acacia fiber in recipes where I need more binding power. You'll notice this ingredient is in many MCT Powder products because it's such a great binder and doesn't thicken in coffee. Acacia fiber is also an excellent way to add more fiber to your keto diet without any carbs.
Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) are popular for those on a keto diet because they are rapidly converted to ketone bodies. Unlike long-chain fatty acids, MCTs are absorbed directly through the portal vein and then rapidly converted to energy. Some say they notice a rush of energy when they first start using it.
You can substitute MCT Oil for any liquid vegetable oil. Use it for salad dressings or sauteing your favorite foods such as salmon, Brussels sprouts, or a hearty steak.
MCT Oil Facts
- MCT oil has been shown to increase the release of two hormones that can promote the feeling of fullness in the body: peptide YY and leptin (Link).
- MCT oil has approximately 10% fewer calories than long-chain fatty acids (Link).
- MCT oil may help optimize the growth of good bacteria and support the gut lining, which could also help you lose weight (Link).
- MCTs are more rapidly absorbed than long-chain triglycerides. Due to their shorter chain length, MCTs do not require bile to break down like longer-chain fats do. (Link)
- MCTs can enter your cells without being broken down. This is how they are used by the body for an immediate energy source! (Link)
- Ketones can pass through the blood-brain barrier, which makes them a fast source of fuel for your brain.
The Best MCT Oil Brands
Like with many oils, you get what you pay for. Here are our recommended MCT Oil brands - brands we trust for quality & purity.
The Bulletproof brand is our top pick when it comes to liquid MCT oils. We've tried dozens of brands and always come back to this one. They have two different MCT Oils. Their basic MCT Oil is a blend of C8 and C10 oils of the highest quality. For those looking for optimal performance and brain benefits, choose Brain Octane Oil, which contains only C8.
C10 and C8 are both rapidly converted to ketone bodies as they are absorbed through the portal vein. However, as you may have assumed, C8 oil is a little more rapidly converted than C10. Some people notice a bitter taste with pure C8 oil and instead choose C10.
MCT oil is a powerful strategy to boost your energy on or off a keto diet.
When searching for powdered MCT oils, be careful of what the oil has been plated to. Read the ingredients list and make sure they are using acacia fiber or acacia gum. If the ingredient isn't specified, don't purchase it. We recommend the following MCT Oil Powder.
MCT Oil Softgels
We use Perfect Keto's MCT oil softgels whenever we're out and about and get an energy slump. They come in handy when traveling, while at work, or when running errands or visiting family. If our energy slumps or hunger strikes, we'll take 3-6 softgels and get the energy boost we need to keep going.