Keto Dalgona Coffee has been the rage in our home filled with teens over the past two months. I'll never forget the first day the four of them decided to make it. They descended on the kitchen, digging through drawers to find whisks and shallow bowls.
From my office, I heard "tink, tink, tink" as they whisked and whisked. Eventually, the sounds drew me to the kitchen where they introduced me to the popular dalgona coffee.
Two of them were making it with normal sugar, one with BochaSweet and one with Lakanto's Powdered Monk Fruit Blend. All versions turned out perfectly. The only caveat was that on a keto diet, we don't drink regular milk.
After months of testing and taste tests, we settled on blending unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk with a full scoop of MCT Powder. Then we top this "Keto Milk" concoction with our creamy dalgona coffee before mixing it all together.
Also popular was a keto milk concoction of two tablespoons heavy cream mixed into 4 ounces of water. Then topped with the keto dalgona coffee whip.
Ingredients for Keto Dalgona Coffee
Here's the ingredients you'll need:
- Instant Coffee or Espresso Powder
- Sugar substitue of choice
- MCT Powder (We used Perfect Keto MCT Powder)
- Unsweetened Almond Milk or Unsweetened Coconut Milk or Heavy Cream mixed with water
Keto Dalgona Coffee
- 4 Tbsp Espresso Powder (or Instant Coffee)
- 4 Tbsp Sugar Substitute
- 4 Tbsp Hot Water
Keto Milk Substitute
- 24 ounces Unsweetened Almond Milk (Or Unsweetened Coconut Milk)
- 4 scoops MCT Powder
- In a large, shallow mixing bowl combine coffee powder, sugar substitute and hot water and whisk/blend until rich and foamy. This takes 5-10 minutes depending on the kitchen tool you're using. For the fastest blending, use an immersion blender.
Assembling Your Dalgona Coffee
- For a single serving, add 6 ounces of unsweetened almond milk to a cup. Blend in one scoop of MCT Oil Powder until completely blended. Use a immersion blender or powered whisk to blend completely together.
- Dollop on ¼ of the mixture to the top of your keto milk. Then stir carefully to blend together. Sip & Enjoy!
Check out my YouTube channel "Tara's Keto Kitchen"!
I share new videos and recipes every week. Subscribe so you're notified by YouTube when the recipes post.
Once you subscribe, make sure to click the little bell icon on my channel so you're notified when I post a new video, schedule a livecast and post something to YouTube stories
More Keto Milk Substitute Options
I encourage you to play around with different milk substitutes until you find the one that makes your keto dalgona coffee just right. Here's a few options.
Cream & Water
My husband's favorite base for his keto dalgona coffee is served over 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream mixed with 5-6 ounces of water. He'll also sometimes add in the MCT Oil Powder for a super creamy, decadant treat.
Full Fat Coconut Milk
Another family favorite is serving this keto dalgona whip over full fat coconut milk. This is the stuff you purchase in a can at the grocery store. If you live in a cold environment you may need to heat this up slightly to mix in the coconut cream found at the top of the can when you open it up.
But, if you live in a warm environment just shake the can vigorously before opening it to ensure the coconut cream emulsifies with the rest. No need to add MCT Oil Power to this mixture as it's already packed with MCT's from coconut!
Unsweetened Coconut Milk (Carton)
If you're a fan of the unsweetened coconut milk or a coconut milk almond milk blend that comes in a carton, you can use this as well. Just substitute it out for the almond milk in the recipe card above.
Which is your favorite keto milk base for your keto dalgona coffee? Comment and let us know.
Kim Liston says