These easy keto beef roll ups double as an easy keto meal or a simple keto appetizer. When eating them for a meal, you can eat them right away and skip the time needed for the filling to set-up in order to slice easily.
If making these as an appetizer, make them at least four hours in advance and up to 36 hours in advance for easier slicing. If you’re in a hurry, pop them in the freezer for 30-60 minutes and then slice. Wipe your knife off in between each slice for the cleanest results.
Inspiration For This Recipe
I created this recipe for easy keto beef roll-ups based on a recipe card I discovered in my old recipe box. It seems a lifetime ago that a co-worker (at a job long ago) wrote the recipe out for me. Of course, the recipe was for the traditional tortilla pinwheels and made a huge batch for a party.
When I first made the original recipe, the cream cheese mixture was too soft for the thinner sliced beef. So, when I tried to cut the beef roll ups I had a squishy mess! To firm up the mixture, I modified the cream cheese to sour cream ratio and added butter so the mixture would be more solid to allow the keto beef roll-ups to cut easier.
In the end, these were a huge hit with our entire family. They are now the most-asked for party appetizer and we’ve served them for birthdays, potlucks, graduation parties, sleepovers, as a festive holiday appetizer, and for our family movie and game nights.
The best part about this recipe for easy keto beef roll ups is how flexible they are. My husband doesn’t care for olives, but everyone else likes them. So, I divide the mixture and only put olives in part of the batch. You can also substitute lactose-free cream cheese and sour cream and use ghee or refined coconut oil instead of butter if there are lactose intolerances in your family.
I can’t wait for you to give this keto appetizer recipe a try. Share with me in the comments how you liked them.
Tip For Sliced Roast Beef
For this recipe to be as easy as possible, ask your deli to slice your roast beef ⅛ of an inch thick. Most delis are able to adjust their slicer to get the result you want. When serving these for a potluck, I’ll often go as much as ¼ inch thick slices to make them easier to handle.
Here's a list of the ingredients you'll need to make this recipe.
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- green chilis
- black olives
- cheddar cheese
- thick cut roast beef
Tutorial Video: Keto Beef Roll-Ups
Check out my YouTube channel "Tara's Keto Kitchen"!
I share new videos and recipes every week. Subscribe and click the little bell icon 🔔 so you're notified by YouTube when the recipes post.
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 Tablespoons sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 2 oz green chilis
- 2 oz black olives sliced
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 slices roast beef 3 oz each, thick cut
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, sour cream, and melted butter until combined.
- Next, mix in the green chilis, black olives, and cheddar cheese and mix until evenly combined.
- Spread the mixture over your slices of thick cut roast beef and then roll up tightly.
- Place on a cutting board and cover with plastic wrap (or put in a plastic container with a lid), and chill in the refrigerator for 60 minutes before cutting. If you are in a hurry, freeze for 20-30 minutes and then slice.
- Recipe Tip: For the cleanest cut, wipe off your knife in between each cut.
Please Leave A Comment