This keto chicken casserole is satisfying, delicious and easy to make.
I originally created this recipe using some leftover chicken thighs I had cooked in the crock pot. I have also made this recipe with packaged rotisserie chicken from Costco. Next year, I'll be using it with leftover turkey from the holidays.
Do you log your food when on a keto diet? If so, what program do you use? I've tried a few and keep going back to Cronometer. If there's one you use and like, please post it in the comments.
Back to this keto chicken casserole recipe. Instead of using sour cream (as I did in the original green
The cream cheese needs to be warm to mix well. I soften it in my microwave and make sure it's warm and smooshy before attempting to mix it into the cream. If you are using a blender instead of whisking by hand it mixes a little easier. However, small chunks are ok as they melt during baking!
Broccoli can be replaced by other vegetables. You could use cauliflower, green beans or any other low carb vegetable. Look for some different variations of this casserole to be posted in the coming months.
Ingredients for Keto Chicken Casserole
Here's a few of the ingredients you'll need to make this keto chicken casserole:
Tutorial Video: Keto Chicken Casserole
Check out my YouTube channel “Tara's Keto Kitchen”!
I share new videos and recipes every week. Subscribe so you're notified by YouTube when the recipes post.
Keto Chicken Casserole
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken diced
- 4 cups broccoli diced
- 4 pieces bacon crumbled
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1, 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- dash cayenne pepper flavor enhancer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9x13 casserole dish by lightly greasing it. (optional)
- Dice broccoli and steam in your microwave in a covered dish for 2 minutes until just fork-tender.
- In a large bowl, combine cream, softened cream cheese and spices and blend with a hand blender or whisk until smooth and combined. Note: Warm your cream cheese in the microwave or if you avoid the use of a microwave heat all the ingredients on the stove for this step. This makes the cream cheese combine easier with the cream.
- Mix in chicken, broccoli and bacon and stir until combined.
- Gently mix in shredded cheese.
- Place in a casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until bubbling in the middle and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for approximately 5 minutes before serving.