This creamy keto chicken chili recipe is the next in my series of easy keto meals.
Each month, I am creating a new recipe to add to your Keto Dinner Recipe arsenal. This one has been in hot demand and I can't wait to hear what you think of it.
I really LOVE the taste of green chili's. If you don't mind just a few more carbs, you could double the amount of green chili's in this recipe. However, making it just ‘as-is' is delicious and satisfying.
Cooking Methods for Creamy Keto Chicken Chili
Start by blooming your spices
This keto recipe features a technique called “Blooming” your spices. To do this, you simply simmer your spices in oil for a few minutes. This easy method makes a more flavorful dish!
It's easy. Just make sure that your crockpot or Instant Pot is preheating while you are gathering ingredients.
Toss in the avocado oil and then your spices. Stir and let these sit while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
If you can't watch the video (below), I have included detailed instructions at the end of this post. Just scroll down to “How To Make Creamy Keto Chicken Chili”
Ingredients for Keto Chicken Chili
If you're cooking chicken from raw chicken, choose chicken thighs for their higher fat content. Simply cook until tender in the crock-pot or Instant Pot. Then shred your chicken and reserve the chicken stock for use in this recipe.
Here's some of the ingredients you'll need from your pantry or to purchase for this keto chicken chili:
- Avocado Oil
- Dried Jalapeno Peppers (or fresh)
- Garlic Flakes
- Green Chili's
- Ground Cumin
- Chicken Stock, Chicken Bone Broth or Chicken Broth with no sugar additives
- Onion (dried or fresh)
- Black Pepper
- Cream Cheese
Video: Creamy Keto Chicken Chili
Check out my YouTube channel “Tara's Keto Kitchen”!
I share new videos and recipes every week. Subscribe so you're notified by YouTube when the recipes post.
Creamy Chicken Chili
- ½ Cup Avocado Oil or olive oil
- 2 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Dried Jalapeno Peppers or 2 fresh jalapenos seeded & diced
- Dash Cayenne Pepper
- 5 Cloves Dehydrated Garlic or 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Pounds Chicken cooked and shredded or diced
- 1 Large Onion diced or 1 Tbsp Dried Onion Flakes
- 2 Cans Green Chilies
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 16 Ounce Cream Cheese Two 8 ounce packages
- For crock-pot, turn on your crockpot to high heat and add: avocado oil (or olive oil), cumin, oregano, black pepper, dried jalapenos, Cayenne & crushed garlic. Allow to heat on high for 20 minutes while you prepare your other ingredients.
- For an Instant Pot, have all of your ingredients prepped and ready to go. Then, use the saute setting to heat up the avocado oil. Once the avocado oil is heated, add cumin, oregano, black pepper, dried jalapenos, Cayenne & crushed garlic. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Then reduce heat to the Slow Cook setting (High).
- Mix together and cook on high for 3 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Once the mixture has cooked for 3 hours stir in the cream cheese. You may need to give the cream cheese a few minutes to melt into the warm mixture.
- Allow the mixture to cook for about ten minutes after adding the cream cheese and stir again.
- Now you can turn off the heat or set to "Warm" .
- Serve garnished with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and/or a sprinkle of cilantro or chives!