Keto Strawberry Frosting that's bursting with the flavor of fresh strawberries and only 1 carb per generous serving. Read the recipe notes and then print this one out and put it in your save file!
I've been making hommeade frosting since my mom taught me to make it in my early teens. When I set out to make this frosting, my challenge was getting the smooth creamy consistency of a traditional frosting…but without using the powdered sugar I was accustomed to. In a traditional recipe, you make a cream by whipping butter and sugar and then adding flavor.
I found that using the already creamy texture of cream cheese was the perfect substitute for the creamed butter and sugar. So, we begin with cream cheese and whip in butter, heavy whipping cream and natural sweeteners Bocha Sweet and Stevia. Then we add the flavoring and just a pinch of salt to complete this keto strawberry frosting recipe. All that's left is to whip on high until light and fluffy.
Watch the video to see just how easy this process is. You won't miss that store-bought stuff for even a minute!
Why Bocha Sweet?
Our sugar substitute of choice is Bocha Sweet and there's good reason for this!
Bocha Sweet is extracted from the Kabocha pumpkin which has been a staple in the Japanese diet for centuries. Consuming Bocha Sweet on a daily basis helps to support longevity and supports healthy blood sugar levels.
Even better? It tastes almost exactly like real sugar. There's no thin flavor or metallic aftertaste. I think most of us are looking for something that tastes amazing because only a full, satisfying taste is going to work over the long-term.
So, if we are going to go to all the work to make these keto parfaits so we can please our tastebuds AND stick to our keto diet. Well, we want the result to taste GOOD not… just ‘meh' and unsatisfying. For this reason plus the health benefits, we reach for Bocha Sweet every time.
Ingredients for Keto Strawberry Frosting
Here's a few ingredients you'll need to make keto strawberry frosting:
- Bocha Sweet
- Pure Vanilla Extract (watch out for hidden sugars in extracts)
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- SweetLeaf Vanilla Stevia Drops
- Food Coloring (Plant-Based) OPTIONAL
- Parchment Cupcake Liners
- Wilton Disposable Piping Liners
- Piping Tips
- Strawberry Extract by Olive Nation
Tutorial Video: Keto Strawberry Frosting
Check out my YouTube channel “Tara's Keto Kitchen”!
I share new videos and recipes every week. Subscribe so you're notified by YouTube when the recipes post.
Keto Strawberry Frosting
- With all ingredients at room temperature or warmer, combine them in your mixing bowl.
- Begin mixing on low until all ingredients are combined. Then increase the speed of your mixer slowly until on high. Whip the frosting for three to four minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Frost your cake or cupcakes by hand or use a piping bag to decorate. Store your finished dessert in the refrigerator.
- Prior to serving, take the dessert out of the fridge for an hour or two as this low carb frosting is at it's creamiest at room temperature.