Keto Vanilla Cupcakes are so good they are a celebration in themselves! Living a Keto lifestyle is sustainable even on your birthday with keto cupcakes. You'll find more flavors at the end of this blog post.
I have paired them with a tangy lemon-lime frosting. These also taste great with my strawberry keto frosting, coconut keto frosting, or vanilla peppermint keto frosting!
For sweetness, I've just used Stevia in this recipe. Stevia is my all-time favorite "go-to" for a natural sweetener. My other favorite sugar substitute is a little known natural sweetener called Bocha Sweet. You'll find that I often use a combination of these in recipes as I find it gives the best flavor.
What about Xylitol or Swerve? These cause some people GI distress which can be very uncomfortable. Therefore, you won't find these in many of my recipes.
Tips for Keto Vanilla Cupcakes
I found that these keto vanilla cupcakes really like to stick to cupcake liners or your pan. So, I recommend using parchment paper liners. They'll make your life a little easier. The best liners that I've found to use with keto cupcakes are the cupcake liners by "If You Care".
They release well and I feel good about using an unbleached product on my food. I'll link the brand I like below.
Substitutions in Keto Cupcakes
A Special Note on Coconut Flour & Almond Flour
In this recipe (and in any keto baking recipe), you cannot substitute flours successfully without changing other aspects of the recipe. Coconut flour is highly absorbent and requires extra eggs. Almond flour is not absorbent and browns (and can burn) easily.
I highly recommend you follow the recipe exactly.
However, you can get away with switching out sweeteners in this recipe. It works well with a cup of BochaSweet instead of using Stevia.
Our sugar substitute of choice is BochaSweet and there's good reason for this!
BochaSweet is extracted from the Kabocha pumpkin which has been a staple in the Japanese diet for centuries. Consuming BochaSweet on a daily basis helps to support longevity and supports healthy blood sugar levels.
Even better? It tastes almost exactly like real sugar. There's no thin flavor or metallic aftertaste. I think most of us are looking for something that tastes amazing because only a full, satisfying taste is going to work over the long-term.
So, if we are going to go to all the work to make these keto parfaits so we can please our tastebuds AND stick to our keto diet. Well, we want the result to taste GOOD not... just 'meh' and unsatisfying. For this reason plus the health benefits, we reach for BochaSweet every time.
Ingredients for Keto Vanilla Cupcakes
Here's a few ingredients you'll need to make these keto vanilla cupcakes:
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pure Almond Extract
- Stevia Drops
- Almond Flour, Superfine
- Coconut Flour
- Baking soda
- Baking Powder without cornstarch if possible, otherwise use what you have.
- Xanthan Gum
Tutorial Video: Low Carb Vanilla Cupcakes (Keto & Grain Free)
Check out my YouTube channel “Tara's Keto Kitchen”!
I share new videos and recipes every week. Subscribe so you're notified by YouTube when the recipes post.
Keto Vanilla Cupcakes with Lemon Lime Frosting
Keto Vanilla Cupcakes
- 6 eggs separated
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pure almond extract
- 20 vanilla stevia drops
- ½ cup BochaSweet
- 30 grams coconut flour (¼ cup) superfine
- 112 grams almond flour (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- pinch salt
- 2 Tablespoons Acacia Fiber Powder
Keto Vanilla Lemon Lime Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 Tablespoons butter softened
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup BochaSweet
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pure almond extract
- 30 drops vanilla stevia drops
- 7 drops Young Living Lemon Vitality Essential Oil optional -or- (½ teaspoon lemon extract)
- 7 drops Young Living Lime Vitality Essential Oil optional -or-(½ teaspoon lime extract)
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Prepare cupcake pan by using muffin liners or greasing.
- Separate egg whites and yolks carefuly.
- Whip cream of tartar and egg whites.
- Combine egg yolks, Heavy Whipping Cream, Water, Olive Oil, Vanilla Extract, Almond Extract, Stevia & BochaSweet.
- Combine the dry ingredients; Coconut Flour, Almond Flour, Cream of Tartar, Baking Soda, Xanthan Gum, Salt & Acacia Fiber.
- Mix the dry ingredients to the egg yolks mixture.
- Fold the egg white mixture to the egg yolks mixture.
- Scoop to a cupcake pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Warm all ingredients to slightly warmer than room temperature. Then, whip all the ingredients together until light and fluffy. Frost cupcakes once they are completely cooled.For plain keto vanilla frosting, simply omit the lemon and lime flavorings.
[…] Keto Vanilla Cupcakes recipes provided by Tara Wright, Whole Body Living […]