Easy and keto friendly are not the words that immediately come to mind as you bite into these keto mini cheesecakes with gooey brownie batter crust.
Instead, you'll think “Wait, THIS is keto? All my problems are solved.”
At least for the moment.
Keto cheesecake is one of the things we keep in our freezer to handle cravings for sweets. It's just one way we make keto sustainable over the long term. Have foods that will satisfy cravings already made and in the freezer. This way, it's easier to snag something from the freezer than go purchase some cheat food/meal.
We call it our “Keto Emergency Plan”.
What strategies do you use to make keto a sustainable diet over the long term? Share in the comments below.
Ingredients for Keto Mini Cheesecakes with Gooey Brownie Batter Crust
To make these keto mini cheesecakes, you'll need just 11 ingredients:
- Cacao butter
- Cocoa powder
- Sugar Substitute such as Bocha Sweet or Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener
- Almond flour
- Cream cheese
- Pure vanilla extract
- Sour cream
- Heavy whipping cream
Tutorial Video: Keto Mini Cheesecakes with Gooey Brownie Batter Crust
Mini Keto Cheesecakes with Gooey Brownie Batter Crust
Keto Brownie Batter Cheesecake Crust
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt together butter and cacao butter. In the microwave, cook for 1 minute and then stir and cook for 20 seconds, stir and repeat the 20 second intervals until completely melted.
- Stir in almond flour until completely combined.
- Divide crust among 30 cupcake cups and then press down with a spoon to create the crust. Set aside while you make the filling.
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees
- Use a ¼ cup measuring cup to fill each cupcake tin with a little less than ¼ cup of filling. You’ll have a little more than 6 cups of batter and to make 30 mini cheesecakes you’ll need about .21 cups each.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes at 300 degrees.Centers should still be slightly jiggly. Turn off the oven and crack the oven door open. Allow the cheesecakes to remain in the oven for 1 hour before removing them to cool.
- Store in the fridge or freezer once completely cooled.
- Garnish with dark chocolate or lakanto chocolate chips if desired.
More on Keto Cheesecakes
We've been making a variety of keto cheesecakes for a few years now. It's come to a point where my kids request the keto version of cheesecake vs. “The real thing”.
They think the crust tastes better and can't tell any difference in the filling. What they seem to like best is being able to eat cheesecake without wishing they hadn't indulged because of how they feel afterwards.
I created this specific keto cheesecake because I love brownies and I love cheesecake. So, I thought “Why not marry the two”. The results are delicious and a winner with all my taste-testers. Lucky, aren't they?
Freezing Mini Keto Cheesecakes
You can freeze these mini cheesecakes by storing them in a tightly sealed container in your freezer. They should theoretically last up to three months frozen. However, the extras mysteriously dissapeared before a month had passed so I can't say I've been able to put this to the test.
These make a great on-the-go breakfast or mid morning snack. Pull one from the freezer in the morning and by the time you're dressed and ready to head out the door an hour or so later they're thawed and ready to eat.
Other Keto Cheesecake Recipes
Now, I want to share some of my other keto recipes for cheesecakes and cheesecake crusts. Each time I make cheesecake I play around with the crust. So, you'll find different options below.