A recipe for keto hamburger buns using almond flour has been in the works for well over a year. You'll find this keto recipe easy and oh so satisfying.
I prefer to make these the day before so that they set up a little more. However,that doesn't always happen in 'life'! They work just fine once cooled --they're just a little softer.
My trick is to set them on a cooling rack and stick them in the fridge. Then we put the hamburgers on to cook while the buns cool quickly.
This same recipe would work great for hot dog or brat buns too, you'll just need to shape them appropriately and make them a little taller.
Easy Keto Hamburger Buns
First, print out the keto recipe using the recipe card below. Notice you can adjust the servings inside the interactive recipe card and make a larger batch and freeze them.
Then, when you're headed to a cookout you can grab a few low carb hamburger buns out of the freezer and go!
This also works if you're going to be eating out or grabbing drive-through on a car-trip. Just order bunless and use your own.
Ingredients for Keto Hamburger Buns
Here's a few things you'll need to make this keto recipe:
- Almond Flour (not almond meal)
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Baking Soda
- Cream of Tartar
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Sheet
- Cooling Rack
- Sesame Seeds (optional)
Tutorial Video: Keto Hamburger Buns
Check out my YouTube channel “Tara's Keto Kitchen”!
I share new videos and recipes every week. Subscribe so you're notified by YouTube when the recipes post.
Keto Hamburger Buns
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 Convection)
- Fold in shredded cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds if you wish.
- Bake in a 350 degree (325 Convection) oven for 14-16 minutes. The buns should be evenly browned and set up in the middle. When you tap lightly on the middle, they shouldn’t collapse.
- Store in a tightly sealed container at room temperature for up to three days. If you need to store them longer, store in a tightly sealed container in the freezer.