My favorite dessert on this earth is cheesecake.
Mix some coconut in there and I'm in heaven.
When I started the YouTube channel, Keto Coconut Cheesecake was already being developed.
I knew that the biggest challenge would be the sweetener. I needed a sugar substitute that tastes like the real thing.
A tall order… I know.
I discovered Bocha Sweet.
From here, everything changed….
If you haven't heard of Bocha Sweet yet, I highly recommend you give it a try.
Now let's dive into the recipe… and get to the good part. The EATING of the cheesecake.
What Ingredients Will I Need for the Keto Cheesecake?
For The Coconut Keto Cheesecake Filling:
- 4 packages cream cheese; 8 ounces each
- 1 1/4 cup Bocha Sweet or other sugar substitute
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Pure Almond extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
For The Coconut Cheesecake Crust:
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 2 cups Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 2 Tbsp Bocha Sweet
What Else Will I Need?
- A stand or hand mixer, I use a KitchenAid Mixer
- A 9 inch spring-form pan
- Parchment Paper (makes removing the cheesecake a lot easier)
- An oven
Tutorial Video: Keto Coconut Cheesecake
Keto Coconut Cheesecake
Making The Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 convection)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine melted coconut oil, shredded unsweetened coconut and Bocha Sweet and stir until completely mixed.
- Remove and allow to cool while making your cheesecake. Crust should cool for 30-60 minutes or until cool to the touch.
Making The Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Then, make sure all of your ingredients are warmed for easy mixing.
- Prepare your springform pan for a water bath. See the video & instructions on the blog post.
- Combine Cream cheese and Bocha sweet and mix on low until smooth. If your mixture is lumpy, this means your cream cheese isn't warm enough. Warm it now before proceeding further. Also, make sure your other ingredients are warm. See the blog post for tips.
- Add eggs, heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla, salt and almond extract to the cream cheese mixture. Mix on low until smooth.
- Bake in a water bath for 60 minutes at 300 degrees. The water bath creates creamy, amazing results and is well worth the extra effort.
- Turn off the oven and allow to set for 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove your baked cheesecake from the oven and allow to cool completely before placing it in the refrigerator
More Keto Cheesecake & Keto Crust Recipes
See my blog post for full instructions, details, and updates on substitutions you can make.