This Keto Caramel Syrup is just the thing for creating indulgent drinks such as a Keto Caramel Macchiato. It's amazing drizzled over some keto ice cream or my infamous 'quick' Keto Cheesecake dessert.
This syrup is quick and easy to make and stores in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed container for a few weeks.
The best thing about this syrup is that it only thickens slightly in the refrigerator, making it perfect for whipping up drinks and drizzling over desserts.
It's a great topping for treats such as keto ice cream on top of a fudgy keto brownie with a drizzle of low carb caramel syrup. Mmmmmmmm.
If you're looking for a thick and creamy keto caramel sauce that hardens in the refrigerator, scroll to the bottom for a link to my Keto Caramel that thickens in the fridge and is great for making old fashioned rolled caramels for the holidays.
If you watch the video, you'll notice I was experimenting with using a candy thermometer. I found that this step isn't necessary. So, I've omitted it in the instructions.
Check out the video and discover how simple a homemade keto caramel syrup can be. All the items I've used here are listed at the bottom of this post.
Uses For Keto Caramel Syrup
- Whip up a Keto Caramel Macchiato
- Drizzle over a slice of Keto Cheesecake
- Put together a Keto Caramel Sundae
- Make a Caramel Fruit Dip (Whip with Heavy Whipping Cream)
Ingredients for Keto Caramel Syrup
Here are a few ingredients you'll need to make this keto caramel syrup and start pouring keto caramel on everything!
- Liquid Stevia Drops
- Watkins Extracts (if you would like to order through me)
- Pure Madagascar Vanilla by Nielsen-Massey
Our sugar substitute of choice is BochaSweet and there's good reason for this!
BochaSweet is extracted from the Kabocha pumpkin which has been a staple in the Japanese diet for centuries. Consuming BochaSweet on a daily basis helps to support longevity and supports healthy blood sugar levels.
Even better? It tastes almost exactly like real sugar. There's no thin flavor or metallic aftertaste. I think most of us are looking for something that tastes amazing because only a full, satisfying taste is going to work over the long-term.
So, if we are going to go to all the work to make these keto parfaits so we can please our tastebuds AND stick to our keto diet. Well, we want the result to taste GOOD not... just 'meh' and unsatisfying. For this reason plus the health benefits, we reach for BochaSweet every time.
Video Tutorial: Keto Caramel Syrup
Check out my YouTube channel “Tara's Keto Kitchen”!
I share new videos and recipes every week. Subscribe so you're notified by YouTube when the recipes post.
Keto Caramel Syrup (1 Net Carb)
- Stir until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Simmer without stirring for 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add cream.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla & caramel extracts.
- Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks or until the expiration date on your ingredients.