Are you considering making your own homemade keto mayo?
You should! There's a few things you should know first…
The first time I made mayo, it was a soupy disaster because I was impatient and just dumped all the oil in.
Don't get me wrong…
This is an incredibly easy skill to master. All it requires is a little knowledge and patience.
I tried using a variety of mixing tools and settled on my hand mixer because for me, it's the easiest.
Here's what you need to know…
Follow the recipe and add the oil very, very slowly.
Check out the video for a demonstration of just how slowly.
If you add the oil too fast you “break” the mayo. You'll know it's broken if you've got a soupy mess on your hands!!
Fixing “Broken” Keto Mayo
What if you have broken mayo?
You can fix it!
Start over with a new batch of mayo and don't break it this time.
If you're like me, this may take a few batches. Plenty to share with friends!!
When you master making your Keto Mayo, slowly pour in the broken mayo that's been sitting there breaking your heart.
The broken mayo will whip right into your successful batch.
Now, what to do with all this keto mayo??
Ingredients for Homemade Keto Mayo
Here's a few ingredients you'll need on hand to make homemade keto mayo:
- Avocado Oil
- White Wine Vinegar
- Sea Salt
- Dry Mustard
- Bocha Sweet (Seriously, you need this!)
- Young Living Lemon Vitality Essential Oil
- Tall glass bowl that your mixer beaters will just fit in
- Hand mixer
Tutorial Video: Homemade Keto Mayo
Check out my YouTube channel “Tara's Keto Kitchen”!
I share new videos and recipes every week. Subscribe so you're notified by YouTube when the recipes post.
Homemade Keto Mayo (2 Carbs In A Full Batch)
- Separate your eggs into your tall mixing bowl and discard the egg whites.
- Beat the egg yolks until foamy.
- This is where things can get a bit tricky. With your blender running, very slowly drizzle in your avocado oil. Proceed with the utmost amount of caution. Do NOT be brave and dump it all on!! Continue beating while adding the oil at a slow drizzle.