Satisfyingly drizzled with a creamy keto glaze, our keto pound cake really hits the spot when your sweet tooth acts up. These come in at just 1.2 g net carbohydrates per slice if you slice the loaf into 24 slices. Now, if you're anything like my husband you may want to enjoy big fat slices. In that case, slice the keto pound cake into 12 slices. Then, you're looking at 2.4 g net carbohydrates per slice.
What Sugar Substitute To Use?
In my Keto Cupcake Cookbook, I've gone in-depth on sugar substitutes. Here, I'll summarize my recommendations for making this glazed keto pound cake.
For the softest inside texture choose BochaSweet or allulose. Allulose will cause the cake to brown on the outside quite a bit, so watch it closely so it doesn't burn. You'll notice in the recipe I've used a blend of erythritol and BochaSweet. I actually used half Lakanto Baking Sweetener 1:1 Sugar Substitute and half BochaSweet. But, when I made the recipe card, erythritol was the option.
For the keto glaze, our top choice is Lakanto Baking Sweetener 1:1 Sugar Substitute. The erythritol in the blend allows the glaze to set up into a nice, soft but crunchy glaze like you're used to when using traditional sugar. Xylitol will do the same thing, but we don't have it in the house for two reasons. First, we have cats and xylitol is highly toxic to animals even in small amounts. Second, I get extreme gas, pain, and bloating when I eat xylitol so I avoid it.
Ingredients for Glazed Keto Pound Cake
To make these keto pound cake, you'll need these ingredients:
- Acacia Fiber Powder
- Coconut flour
- Xanthan gum
- Baking powder
- Heavy cream
- Butter flavoring extract
- Vanilla extract
Why Acacia Fiber?
Acacia fiber is a healthy-for-your gut and gentle fiber that doubles as an emulsifier. It helps hold things together in this keto pound cake recipe along with the xanthan gum. So, this is an ingredient I recommend you order online and keep in stock.
Bonus Tip: Acacia fiber is wonderful to use blended into a keto coffee to help the fat and liquid stay combined. We use it so we don't end up with fat floating on top of our morning cup of joe.
Can I Substitute Almond Flour For Coconut Flour?
The short answer to any substitution for coconut flour in this keto pound cake recipe is "No". Coconut flour is a unique flour that I've spent years learning to bake with. It's highly absorbent and full of good-for-you fiber. So, I don't recommend using any other flour as a substitution in this or any recipe calling for coconut flour.
Now, if you'd like to use almond flour, check out my recipe below for Keto Coffee Cake Muffins.
Tutorial Video: Glazed Keto Pound Cake
Subscribe to our YouTube channel and click the "All Notifications" button so you never miss a new video or recipe.
Glazed Keto Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare a standard loaf pan by greasing it with coconut oil or butter.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, blend together eggs, cream, water, and flavoring extracts.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend on low or medium-low speed for 1-2 minutes until completely combined. The batter will thicken.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes or until edges are browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 2-3 hours and remove from pan. Slice and enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. You can also slice and freeze to enjoy later.
Pound Cake Glaze
- Melt butter and whisk in sweetener, salt and vanilla until completely combined and your sweetener granules are dissolved. Drizzle still warm glaze over the top of your pound cake.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes to allow the glaze to harden.
Cronometer Calculated Nutrition Facts
Unfortunately, my recipe plugin nutrition facts (above) is fairly general and doesn't break everything down quite how we'd like. So, here's the nutrition facts according to Cronometer for glazed keto pound cake.
Note that you will see a difference between these two tools. This is due to variability in ingredients. With Cronometer you can pick brands and double-check labels if you'd like a more precise estimate. So, here's the information based on my Cronometer calculation.
1 Serving Of Keto Pound Cake With Glaze Contains:
- 57.7 Calories
- 4.4 g Fat
- 9.2 g Carbohydrate
- 6.3 g Sugar Alcohol
- 1.8 g Fiber
- 1.2 g NET CARBOHYDRATE