This creamy keto chicken and rice casserole contains approximately 3 net carbs per serving. It is a huge hit in our home of six. All four of our teenagers request this one over and over again.
My favorite part is how easy this keto casserole is to customize. We've used all types of meat with this casserole with great success. Look for more keto casserole recipes throughout the winter months from us.
Cauliflower rice is the perfect rice substitution for the keto diet. You can also swap the cauliflower rice out for riced broccoli. Or even use a half and half blend of riced cauliflower and broccoli.
Cheese Substitution Options
We love the depth of flavor and low carb count of sharp cheddar cheese. But, you can use any cheese you like in this keto chicken and rice casserole. Some options we've tried include swiss cheese, gruyere cheese, and pepper jack cheese.
If you need a substitute for cream cheese, we enjoy goat cheese as an alternative. It's light tang pairs well with the cauliflower rice and other seasonings.
A Freezer Meal Prep Favorite
Our keto chicken and rice casserole is something we have made every weekend since I created the recipe. We simply vary up the meat and cheese options to add a little variety to our weekly meal plan. Other than chicken and sharp cheddar, our next favorite way to make this is with ground beef and pepper jack cheese.
Once the casserole has cooled, we get out our single-serving containers and freeze individual portions to eat throughout the week for lunch. Riced cauliflower is a great way to get additional fiber into your daily diet.
Ingredients You Need:
- 2 16 ounce packages frozen riced cauliflower
- heavy whipping cream
- cream cheese (softened)
- ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- cayenne (flavor enhancer)
- sharp cheddar cheese
Tutorial Video: Creamy Keto Chicken And Rice Casserole
If you want more from us just subscribe to our YouTube channel and click the "All Notifications" button so you never miss a new video or recipe!
Creamy Keto Chicken And Rice Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9x13 casserole dish by greasing it.
- Prepare riced cauliflower according to package directions. Drain off any standing water in the cooked riced cauliflower.
- Next, mix in cooked riced cauliflower, diced chicken, and half of the shredded cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to your casserole dish and top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until bubbling in the middle and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for approximately 5 minutes before serving.