This crisp, lightly sweet keto asian coleslaw is a great addition to your weekly meal plan.
I created this recipe after we went out to dinner and I saw an Asian inspired coleslaw as a side on the menu. Intrigued, I took a bite of my friend's side (she ordered it) and found the taste to be amazing. I knew I had to replicate it in my keto kitchen.
This recipe has a net carb count of 3 net carbs per serving which comes from the cabbage & red pepper. By omitting the red pepper you can reduce the carb count some. Scroll down to the recipe card for more details.
Your New Favorite Way To Eat Cabbage
After a few trial and errors I found the best flavor came from a blend of MCT oil (known to increase ketone production) and nutty sesame oil. Then, I sprinkle in some seasonings to round out the flavor.
This keto asian coleslaw dressing can also be used as a salad dressing to dress up your favorite greens.
But, I prefer it drizzled onto cold, crisp cabbage. Then, I top my keto asian coleslaw with some sesame seeds (toasted if I haven't been lazy) and some slivered almonds.
I can't wait for you to try this!
Ingredients for Keto Asian Coleslaw
Here's a few of my favorite ingredients for this keto recipe….
But first, an important note on the rice wine vinegar. Most of what you'll find on store shelves contains added sugar. You can order a sugar-free option, request your story carry it or substitute another option such as regular white vinegar. Always read the label and ingredients list 🙂
- Bocha Sweet - The absolute BEST sugar substitute on the market
- Sesame Seeds
- Shaved almonds
- MCT oil
- Sriracha sauce - pay special attention to the ingredient list when choosing a sriracha sauce. Some have added sugars and wheat flour which we want to avoid on a ketogenic diet. However, if you aren't following strict keto-- you'll be fine with the little bit of sriracha sauce you use in this recipe.
- Rice Wine Vinegar (or White Vinegar) SUGAR FREE!
Tutorial Video: Keto Asian Coleslaw
Check out my YouTube channel “Tara's Keto Kitchen”!
I share new videos and keto recipes every week. Subscribe so you're notified by YouTube when the recipes post.
Keto Asian Coleslaw
- 1 Head Cabbage shredded
- 1 Red Bell Pepper sliced thin
- ¼ Cup Shaved Almonds
- 3 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- ⅔ Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp MCT Oil
- 2 Tbsp Bocha Sweet (or other sugar substitute)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Sriracha
- Mix the dressing ingredients
- Toss on salad.
- Allow salad to sit for 5-10 minutes or chill until ready to serve.
- Top with sesame seeds, slivered almonds & vegetables of choice.
- Store in a tightly sealed container in the fridge up to five days.
What is the serving size? Posting this on CarbManager.com