This coconut cream fat bomb recipe is easy to make, delicious to eat and qualifies as a superfood!
It is the perfect addition to your ketogenic diet.
Have you heard of Coconut Butter?
These superfood fat bombs are:
- High in lauric acid
- Full of essential amino acids
- Contain vitamins, minerals and fiber
- Full of healthy fats to help slim your waistline
- An easy addition to your ketogenic diet
Tips For Amazing Fat Bombs
Choose Quality Ingredients
We make and eat fat bombs on a keto diet to increase our fat percentage. It can be quite a challenge to get up to 80% fat, especially during the first phase. These fat bombs are mostly made of fat, so it follows that choosing a high-quality base is important to get something that tastes good. Choose your ingredients wisely. For your convenience, there's a list of recommended ingredients towards the end of this post.
When making fat bombs, heat your ingredients just enough to get the coconut oil to liquefy. Turn off your heat at this point and mix in the remaining ingredients.
Storage: Tight & Cool
Store your fat bombs in a tightly sealed container in a cool location. During the winter, fat bombs often sit out on our counter because we keep our home at a cool 66 degrees which is well below the melting temperature of Coconut Oil. However, in the warmer months we store these in the refrigerator. Keep them cool and in a tightly sealed container for optimum freshness and enjoyment ?
How To Choose Fat Bomb Molds
Choosing molds for your fat bombs is really fun. Look for silicone candy or chocolate molds that are approved to be used with heated material.
Think about the size of fat bomb you would like to end up with and purchase molds in that size. Some people like their fat bombs thinner, fatter, taller, wider. ? There's so many different shapes and sizes to choose from!
Avoid ice molds because they are generally made with plastics that are unsafe to heat.
If you don’t have silicone candy molds, and don't want to buy anything look around your kitchen for things you can use.
Mini cupcake pans are a popular mold for people just starting out. These can be a little challenging to remove fat bombs from, especially in the colder months. To remove, let the fat bombs sit for 10-15 minutes at room temp before you attempt to take them out of the stiffer molds.
Look at all these fun molds!
Here are some search terms to try:
- chocolate silicon molds
- candy making molds
- wilton candy molds
Ingredients for Coconut Cream Fat Bombs
Here's a few things to peek at….
- Coconut Cream
- Pure Vanilla Extract or Madagascar Pure Vanilla Extract
- Watkins Maple Extract
- NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia or Sweetleaf Vanilla Stevia
- Coconut Oil
Tutorial Video: Coconut Cream Fat Bombs
Check out my YouTube channel “Tara's Keto Kitchen”!
I share new videos and recipes every week. Subscribe so you're notified by YouTube when the recipes post.
Coconut Cream Fat Bomb
- You can use a mini-crockpot or a pan on your stove set on low for this recipe.
- Pour 1 Tablespoon into each mold. Carefully put nuts into each mold--pressing them down with a spoon (or your fingers) as needed.
- Place carefully in your freezer for 20 minutes or until set. Then, remove from freezer and let sit for 5 minutes to make removing the fat bombs from the molds easier.
- Store in an airtight container in your fridge or freezer!