These zero net carb vanilla latte fat bombs taste just like the first sip of a vanilla latte. If you've been wondering how to make fat bombs that actually taste good - you found the right recipe!
Cooking Methods for Vanilla Latte Fat Bomb
The most important thing to remember when whipping up these fat bombs is to keep the heat to a minimum. I like to use a mini-crockpot because it helps me control the heat and not get the mixture too hot.
If you're using a stove top... not to worry. Just keep your heat on low and even turn off the burner once the pan has heated. It doesn't take much to get coconut oil to melt.
What happens if your mixture gets too hot? You can destroy some of the healthy nutrients if you are using raw cacao powder or other raw ingredients. But... it also makes it very hard to get clean layers with super hot layers.
If you are cooking these on the stove-top. I recommend using low heat. Once the pan is heated, turn off the heat and stir the coconut oil until it's melted. That's all the heat you need
Substitutions For Vanilla Latte Fat Bomb
I use liquid stevia in this recipe simply because it works very well for fat bombs cause you don't have to worry about graininess of texture that many of the granulated sugar substitutes result in.
You can substitute other alternative sweeteners in this recipe. However, I haven't come up with a great way to dissolve them without heating the coconut oil to a higher temperature.
If you do this, just mix the sugar substitute and coconut oil together and heat it. Then allow the mixture to cool to 90 degrees or so before mixing in the remaining ingredients and filling your molds.
What ratio should you use to substitute? It really depends on how sweet you want these to be. I have been happy using 1 Tablespoon of Bocha Sweet in these (my favorite granulated sugar substitute). My second choice is Monk Fruit sweetener.
I avoid Splenda and Aspartame because of unwanted side effects. Xylitol is another popular alternative sweetener that is ok if you can tolerate it. Some people have GI issues with it.
Ingredients for Vanilla Latte Fat Bomb
Here's a few ingredients you'll need to make these and other fat bombs:
- Cashew Butter
- Instant Espresso Powder
- Madagascar Pure Vanilla Extract
- Cacao Powder by Viva Naturals
- NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia
- Coconut Oil
Tutorial Video: Vanilla Latte Fat Bomb
Check out my YouTube channel “Tara's Keto Kitchen”!
I share new videos and recipes every week. Subscribe so you're notified by YouTube when the recipes post.
Vanilla Latte Fat Bomb (0 Net Carb)
For the base layer:
- 1 cup Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Cashew Butter
- 1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 20 Drops Vanilla Stevia Drops
For the topping:
- 1 Tsp Espresso Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 10 Drops Vanilla Stevia Drops
- Preheat your crockpot on high while you get your ingredients together.
- Turn your crockpot to low and add the base layer ingredients.
- Fill the mold with a little less than a Tablespoon of the base layer. Then place in the freezer for 20 minutes. In the meantime, make the topping layer by mixing the espresso powder, cacao powder, cream & additional vanilla stevia into the remaining mixture in your crockpot.
- After 20 minutes, remove the molds with the base layer from the freezer.
- Top each "fat bomb" with about a half teaspoon of the topping. Use all the remaining "topping"
- Place the molds back in the freezer for about 10 minutes or until the topping sets up.
- Remove the 'fat bombs' from the mold and store in the fridge or freezer in a tightly sealed container. These stay good for weeks stored in the fridge and even longer in the freezer!
If you prefer not to use Espresso, then you can omit it and replace it with a teaspoon of cacao.
If you prefer a more “milk” chocolate, then use more stevia.
If you prefer a darker chocolate, then use more Stevia for Darker Chocolate flavor You may need to adjust how full you fill your molds if the cup sizes are smaller. Aim to fill them about ¾ of the way full to leave room for the chocolate espresso topping.
These are as satisfying as they look. A great after meal treat!
Tara Wright, CHC, MBA says
They are!! Thanks for commenting.
These Keto Vanilla Latte fat bombs were delicious!
Made these and they are so good!