Fat bombs are a secret weapon when you first start the keto diet. These Almond Crunch Fat Bombs remain my favorite fat bomb recipe...even years later!
The scent and taste of almond takes me back to my childhood. Whispers of laughter, gently falling snow and warm holiday memories. To me, almond is an indulgence to be savored. I love nibbling on a fat bomb while fat fasting paired with a cup of rich espresso.
Speaking of espresso, in 2017, we indulged in an Automatic Espresso Machine as we had fallen in love with the rich, decadent flavor of espresso and were spending way too much at Panera buying espresso shots each morning.
We tried all sorts of espresso beans, and to this day have a handful of favorites we rotate through. Our #1 pick is The Bean Coffee Company Organic II Espresso. We choose organic because coffee is one of the heaviest chemical sprayed crops.
These Almond Crunch Fat Bomb’s pair wonderfully with a cup of coffee or espresso. Store your fat bombs in a tightly sealed container in the fridge, especially during the summer months!
Why Eat Fat Bombs?
Fat bombs are a great way to help you get enough fat in your diet and keep your hunger in control. Especially when you very first start a ketogenic diet.
With a ketogenic diet, your goal is to eat 75-80% of your calories from healthy fats. Coconut oil, avocado oil, MCT oil, and extra virgin olive oil are the most common fats we consume in our household.
As you probably already know, it can be very counter-intuitive to get your fat percentage this high in the beginning. This is where fat bombs come in handy.
All of the clients I coach one-on-one use fat bombs when they first start their ketogenic diet because it is such a great hack for getting into ketosis quickly and minimizing the keto flu.
Once you're in ketosis, you can back off on the % of fat in your diet and remain in ketosis. This will help your body to switch to burning your stored fat instead of consumed fat.
Tips For Amazing Fat Bombs
Choose Quality Ingredients
Since fat bombs are mostly made of....you guessed it.... fat..... it follows that choosing a
For your convenience, there’s a list of recommended ingredients towards the end of this post.
When making fat bombs, heat your ingredients just enough to get the coconut oil to liquefy. Turn off your heat at this point and mix in the remaining ingredients.
Storage: Tight & Cool
Store your fat bombs in a tightly sealed container in a cool location. During the winter, fat bombs often sit out on our counter because we keep our home at a cool 66 degrees which is well below the melting temperature of Coconut Oil. However, in the warmer months, we store these in the refrigerator.
Keep them cool and in a tightly sealed container for optimum freshness and enjoyment ?
How To Choose Fat Bomb Molds
Choosing molds for your fat bombs is really fun. Look for silicone candy or chocolate molds that are approved to be used with hot ingredients.
Think about the size of the fat bomb you would like to end up with and purchase molds in that size. Some people like their fat bombs thinner, fatter, taller, wider. There are so many different shapes and sizes to choose from!
Avoid ice molds because they are generally made with plastics that are unsafe to heat.
If you don’t have silicone candy molds and don’t want to buy anything look around your kitchen for things you can use.
Mini cupcake pans are a popular mold for people just starting out. These can be a little challenging to remove fat bombs from, especially in the colder months. To remove, let the fat bombs sit for 10-15 minutes at room temp before you attempt to take them out of the stiffer molds.
Look at all these fun molds!
Here are some search terms to try:
- chocolate silicon molds
- candy making molds
- wilton candy molds
Ingredients for Almond Crunch Fat Bomb
Here are some of the things you'll need to make these fat bombs.
- Cashew Butter (look for one with no sugar in the ingredients list) You can also use cacao butter as a substitute to increase the fat content!
- Pure Vanilla Extract (watch for hidden sugar!)
- Pure Almond Extract -or- Organic Almond Extract
- NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia or Sweetleaf Vanilla Stevia
- Coconut Oil
Choose refined coconut oil if you prefer no coconut taste. Use unrefined if you want a coconut taste. We usually purchase through Tropical Traditions because of their attention to quality. You can find the coconut oil we use here (referral link): https://wholebodyliving.com/coconutoil
- Mini-Crockpot -- I use our mini crockpot to melt the ingredients gently
Tutorial Video: Almond Crunch Fat Bomb
Watch the tutorial video and discover just how easy making fat bombs can be. Before you know it, you'll have these delicious fat bombs ready to eat.
Check out my YouTube channel “Tara’s Keto Kitchen”!
I share new videos and recipes every week. Subscribe so you’re notified by YouTube when the recipes post.
[cp_modal display="inline" id="cp_id_3e0df"][/cp_modal]
Almond Crunch Fat Bomb
- 2 Tablespoons Cashew Butter
- 1 cup Coconut Oil
- ½ teaspoon Pure Almond Extract
- ½ teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 20 drops Vanilla Stevia Drops
- Raw Almonds Chopped (optional)
- You can use a mini-crockpot or a pan on your stove set on low for this fat bomb recipe.
- Combine the ingredients and heat on low temperature until melted. Whisk to combine.
- Pour 1 Tablespoon of the fat bomb mixture into each mold. (You can use mini cupcake pans if you do not have a mold for this fat bomb recipe) Carefully put nuts into each mold--pressing them down with a spoon (or your fingers) as needed.
- Place your tray of fat bombs carefully in your freezer for 20 minutes or until set. Note: If you use a silicone mold, put a cookie sheet underneath them to make moving them easier.Then, remove from freezer and let sit for 5 minutes to make removing the fat bombs from the molds easier.
- Store your fat bombs in an airtight container in your fridge or freezer!
Other Keto Fat Bomb Recipes
Now, here's a few other keto fat bomb recipes we hope you'll enjoy.
If you're looking for a specific flavor, please post it in the comments below and request it. We are always looking for new ideas.
Please Leave A Comment