You can also use Thieves oil straight for several other household uses:
- To freshen air, diffuse your favorite essential oils, including Thieves, in one of Young Living’s diffusers. Thieves oil will cleanse, purify, and help clear the air of bad smells.
- For a non-toxic carpet freshener, Thieves oil can be sprinkled on straight for heavy duty deodorizing. For medium to light freshening, mix a few drops of Thieves oil with baking soda. Sprinkle on carpet, let sit several hours, then vacuum up.
- For a fruit & vegetable wash, fill your sink with cool water and add 2 drops of Thieves oil along with a small amount (1 Tbsp.) of apple cider vinegar. Wash your produce in this solution, then rinse with pure water. Insects, parasites, and some pesticide residues will wash right away. You can also use the new Thieves fruit and veggie wash!
- For a spot or stain remover on carpets or clothing, use Thieves oil straight on the stain after testing the fabric or carpet in an inconspicuous location to make sure it retains its proper color. You may also try the All-purpose Thieves cleaner described above or the Thieves spray.
- For a non-toxic paint remover, sprinkle Thieves oil straight on affected area to help the paint come off more easily.
Follow our DIY Cleaning Board on Pinterest for easy to find recipes! (DIY Natural Home Cleaners)