Sustainable Keto Podcast, episode 13, we are talking through some common keto questions around picking out keto-friendly products. We’ll uncover some ingredients to watch out for that might be undermining your efforts. Let’s dive in.
"Any fact facing us is not as important as our attitude toward it, for that determines our success or failure. The way you think about a fact may defeat you before you ever do anything about it. You are overcome by the fact because you think you are." ~ Norman Vincent Peale
How Do Sugar Substitutes Perform In Baking & Cooking? (Keto Baking Tips)
Different sugar substitutes will have very different effects on the outcomes when baking and cooking.
Health coach Tara has years of experience working with different sugar substitutes for baking and cooking. With a lifelong love of both, and now as a health coach, she can tell you the tips you need to know before you start baking and cooking with sugar substitutes!
Listen in to hear tips on baking and cooking with these sugar substitutes:
Fudgy Keto Brownies:
Glazed Keto Pound Cake:
Keto Chocolate Chips:
What Are The Best Water Flavoring Drops For Making Your Own Flavored Or Sparkling Waters?
We have my own favorite water flavoring drops. In this section, we talk about the best water flavoring drops for making your own flavors or in sparkling waters! We'll tell you:
- Our personal choice for an all in one sweetener + flavor
- Lakanto has new liquid Monkfruit drops we really like
- Why we avoid sucralose, aspartame & other artificial sweeteners
Keto & Low Carb Drinks:
How To Get Through A Plateau When You Feel Like You’re Already Doing Everything Right But Just Aren’t Losing Weight?
Breaking through a plateau when you’re not losing weight can feel so hard when you think you’re already doing the right things. Listen in to this section as health coach Tara and her husband Jeremy talk to you about how to break through that plateau when you feel like you’re already doing everything right and just aren’t losing the weight.
- One of our members had been struggling with a plateau for some time and we helped her through it with this simple advice. In fact, she lost 5 lbs in 7 days with this one simple tweak!
- Looking at your food quality...
- What are the foods you know you need to find a healthier replacement for?
- What packaged foods could you temporarily replace?
- Reading labels
- Your eyes will finally be opened to artificial sweeteners
- And why you need to remove any kind of sugar substitute in a packet
Sources mentioned in the Podcast:
- The artificial sweetener acesulfame potassium affects the gut microbiome and body weight gain in CD-1 mice.
- Pharmacokinetics of Sucralose and Acesulfame-Potassium in Breast Milk Following Ingestion of Diet Soda.
- Ontogeny of taste preferences: basic biology and implications for health.
- Long-term artificial sweetener acesulfame potassium treatment alters neurometabolic functions in C57BL/6J mice.
- Stevia, Nature’s Zero-Calorie Sustainable Sweetener: A New Player in the Fight Against Obesity.
- Insulin secretion stimulating effects of mogroside V and fruit extract of luo han kuo (Siraitia grosvenori Swingle) fruit extract..
- Effects of dietary D-psicose on diurnal variation in plasma glucose and insulin concentrations of rats.
- Dietary D-psicose, a C-3 epimer of D-fructose, suppresses the activity of hepatic lipogenic enzymes in rats.
- Laxative threshold of sugar alcohol erythritol in human subjects