Look closely at the picture below… Do you see the crust-like texture of this Keto Coconut Flour Pizza Crust? That is exactly what I wanted when I started developing this recipe.
After some trial and error, I went back to the Fathead Pizza Crust and use that concept (cheese, vinegar, cream cheese) and then expanded on it a bit with the knowledge I'd gained from working with coconut flour.
The result is a satisfying Keto Pizza Crust with only 3 net carbs per serving. (Crust only)
You can make without a rolling pin (which is a big deal for me–i am not a fan of rolling things out and the mess it makes!)
Keep scrolling for some tips & tricks to get the perfect Keto Coconut Flour Pizza Crust every time.
Keto Coconut Flour Pizza Crust Tips & Tricks
Use Psyllium Husk Powder
Using psyllium husk powder in the Keto Coconut Flour Pizza Crust provides a wheaty-like-flavor that helps mask the natural sweetness of coconut flour. Substitute 1 Tablespoon of Psyllium Husk Powder for the Acacia Fiber used in the recipe.
Add Seasonings To The Crust
You can add seasonings to the keto pizza crust to help mitigate the natural sweetness of the coconut flour. Try adding a tablespoon of Oregano, Basil or an Italian Seasoning Blend. You could also use a teaspoon of Garlic Powder, Onion Powder or Pizza Seasoning.
Note: When you use spice blends, check to make sure they don't have sugar. If they blend contains salt, cut back on the salt in the crust.
Low Carb Pizza Toppings
Now that you have a great coconut flour keto pizza crust recipe, what can you top it with?
We like to use Pesto Sauce instead of a traditional pizza sauce.
For a creamy white sauce, you can use a low carb ranch dressing.
Our favorite toppings include sausage, bacon, mushrooms, artichoke hearts and olives.
What are your favorite low carb toppings? Comment below and let us know.
Substitutions For Keto Coconut Flour Pizza Crust
There are a few substitutions that you can make with this keto recipe. Let's begin with what doesn't work.
Can I Substitute Almond Flour for the Coconut Flour?
No. Making this substitute requires a number of other modifications to the Keto Pizza Crust Recipe. I'll be posting my version of Fathead pizza which uses almond flour in the next few months.
Can I Substitute ______ Oil for the Avocado Oil?
Yes! Just about any oil works. I recommend you stick with healthy oils such as high quality olive oil, walnut oil or avocado oil. We use avocado oil just about every time we cook because it has a higher smoke point than olive oil and has a light, neutral flavor.
Ingredients for Keto Coconut Flour Pizza Crust
Here's a few ingredients you'll need from your pantry or to purchase to make this keto coconut flour pizza:
- Acacia Fiber
- Psyllium Husk Powder
- Baking Soda
- Xanthan Gum
- Coconut Flour
- White Wine Vinegar
- Avocado Oil
- Cream Cheese
- Pizza toppings
Tutorial Video: Keto Coconut Pizza Crust
Check out my YouTube channel “Tara's Keto Kitchen”!
I share new videos and recipes every week. Subscribe so you're notified by YouTube when the recipes post.
Keto Coconut Flour Pizza Crust Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add eggs and blend until combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend for 1 minute.
- Let the mixture rest while you prepare a cookie sheet with a parchment paper liner.
- Divide the dough into four equal sized portions. Spread the first portion onto the parchment paper. Use the back of an oiled spoon to shape the crust and press it as thick or thin as you want it. Repeat with the other crusts. (You can also just make one large crust!)
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 5–6 minutes until set and just starting to brown around the edges. While the crust is baking, prepare your toppings.
- Remove crust from the oven and top them with your favorite keto pizza sauce. Pesto sauce is what we've used in the video.
- Place your topped keto pizza back into the oven and bake for 6–8 minutes until the cheese is melted and crust is a golden brown color.
- Remove your finished keto pizza from the oven. Using a spatula, place the individual pizza on your plate and enjoy!