Today, I'm going to share with you one simple life-hack that has transformed my life and the lives of many of my clients.
With just an added 10 minutes of effort per day you too can experience:
A better mood
Better long term heart health
Less feelings of anxiety/depression
In just 10 minutes per day.
All you need to do is add in 10 minutes of physical activity to your day.
You know that time of day, when you start feeling frustrated and overwhelmed? Where you experience a slump in energy?
That's the time to add in this 10 minute workout.
What's the worst that could happen if you try this and it doesn't work? Don't write this off until you put it to the test. It works.
This 10 minutes is so effective that I sneak one in mid-morning and mid-afternoon when I feel my energy start to slump or start losing my focus & mental clarity.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Head to the stairs in the office and walk them for 10 minutes. Bonus points if you listen to a podcast and work on your mind at the same time!
- Head outside and go for a 10 minute brisk walk.
- Schedule a walking meeting with a co-worker. Maybe to talk work, maybe to get to know them better.
- Shut your office door and do a short indoor walking workout. My favorites are here.
- Have a gym in your office? Use it! Grab a bike, elliptical or treadmill and get moving. It's just 10 minutes.
The goal is just to get your heart rate up slightly. You aren't aiming for an all out sweat-fest. Save that for your normal workout.
Bonus Tip: Schedule this time on your calendar every day. Create a reminder that pops up and don't ignore it. You'll get more done, be in a better mood and have a better day if you just get up and go.
Our bodies were designed for movement. Is it any wonder that it rewards us if we use it?
Share with us how this life-hack is transforming your life in the comments. Tell us what's working for you to fit this into your day.