Introducing No Churn Keto Vanilla Ice Cream... After I published my keto vanilla ice cream recipe many of you asked me for a no-churn version!
It's here and it's soooo easy with just a few key ingredients you'll find that this mixes up perfectly every time.
What flavor should I mix up next? Post your suggestions in the comments at the end of this post!
Your New Favorite Keto Ice Cream
Creating the perfect creamy no churn keto vanilla ice cream was a bit of a challenge.
My early attempts lacked the texture of a true churned ice cream and often turned out gritty. Plus, it wasn't very scoopable...by the time it thawed enough it was way too melty.
Turning to my go-to resource for cooking ‘hacks', I learned a trick from America's Test Kitchen.
In a no-churn ice cream episode, they used white chocolate chips and condensed milk.
I had to figure out what keto ingredients I could substitute for these.
After some trial and error–I found that pure cacao butter was the perfect substitute for white chocolate chips.
And…I figured out a simple method for cooking up my own unsweetened condensed milk. Get the recipe for that here.
The result is a melt-in-your-mouth no-churn ice cream that you won't believe you can have on a keto diet!
In fact, this No Churn Keto Vanilla Ice Cream doubles as a “fat bomb”! It's a great way to get your fats up higher!
Ingredients for Easy No Churn Keto Vanilla Ice Cream
High-quality ingredients are essential in this keto recipe... substitutions could change the texture, flavor, and finished result. Substitute with care!
- BochaSweet (Seriously, you need this!)
- Liquid Stevia Drops
- Cacao Butter
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- ELO Induction Cookware Pots and Pans Set
- Duxtop Induction Cooktop
- Full Fat Coconut Milk (no sugar added)
Tutorial Video: Easy No Churn Keto Vanilla Ice Cream
Check out my YouTube channel “Tara's Keto Kitchen”!
I share new videos and recipes every week. Subscribe so you're notified by YouTube when the recipes post.
[cp_modal display="inline" id="cp_id_3e0df"][/cp_modal]
Easy No Churn Keto Vanilla Ice Cream
- ½ cup unsweetened condensed milk
- 1 ounce cacao butter chopped
- ½ cup BochaSweet
- pinch salt
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 10 drops liquid Stevia (to taste)
Step 1 Stovetop Instructions
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine unsweetened condensed milk, chopped cacao butter, BochaSweet and salt.
- Heat over medium-low heat, stirring, until cacao butter is completely melted.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.Tip: Place mixture in the fridge while you continue but do not allow it to completely chill!
Step 1 Microwave Instructions
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat unsweetened condensed milk for one minute on high. Milk should be hot when removed from the microwave. Stir in chopped cacao butter and mix until completely melted. If needed, return mixture to microwave for twenty seconds.
- Stir in the BochaSweet and the salt until dissolved.
- Set mixture aside to cool.Tip: Place mixture in the fridge while you continue but do not allow it to completely chill!
Part 2 Instructions
- In your mixer bowl, combine heavy whipping cream, pure vanilla extract, a pinch of salt and 10-20 drops liquid stevia. (It’s better to add too little stevia and adjust at the end than add too much!)
- Whip on high using your whisk attachment until soft peaks form in the whipped cream.
- Ensure your mixture from step 1 has cooled to room temperature.
- Pour ⅓ of the cacao mixture into the whipped cream. Fold in. Then add the remaining cacao mixture. Fold the cacao butter mixture gently into the whipped cream using a spatula to bring up the cacao mixture from the bottom. Fold until mixture is completely combined.
- Taste to ensure the ice cream is sweet enough. Add additional liquid stevia if needed.
- Then pour mixture into a freezable container. Cover tightly and place in freezer for 6-12 hours.
- Serve plain or top with keto hot fudge sauce!
After I released my original Keto Vanilla Ice Cream, I immediately had requests from friends of mine who didn’t want to purchase an ice cream maker to come up with a
This recipe uses homemade condensed milk which I make using full fat coconut milk. It gives the finished ice cream a subtle coconut undertone. So, if you don’t like coconut you may want to add additional flavorings.
Find the recipe for the homemade condensed milk here. Unsweetened Condensed Milk (Dairy Free)
Wow, creamy & delicious. I used heavy whipping cream instead of the condensed coconut milk and it's rich and creamy.
I have a question! For the condensed milk, can we just reduce heavy whipping cream? So I make your condensed milk but use whipping cream,instead of coconut milk. Thank you for your help!