A whole-grain french toast recipe that uses no refined sugar. We top it with a raspberry compote made with honey while cooking the french toast. Kid and mom approved!
Whole Grain French Toast w/ Raspberry topping
We top this healthy french toast with a quick to make raspberry topping.
- Preheat skillet on medium-high heat.
- Pour egg mixture into a shallow bowl that is large enough for the bread slices to fit in.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, allowing bread to soak up some of the mixture.
- Place bread slices into the skillet and cook 3-4 minutes until browned. Flip. cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve Hot.
- On the stove-top, in a small pan, heat frozen raspberries until thawed and warmed through.
- Add 1 TBS Honey (preferably local honey) and 1/8 tsp almond extract and stir.
- Top french toast with the raspberry topping while hot. Enjoy!