Roasted cabbage is one of the most often requested foods in our home. We even hear the kids asking friends when they come over “Have you ever tried roasted cabbage…?”
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- There are two ways to prepare roasted cabbage. Option 1: Slice cabbage into slices about 3/4 inch thick Option 2: Slice cabbage again crosswise and break into small pieces.
Option 1: Slice Cabbage In Slices
- Lie Cabbage on greased baking sheet
- Spray the cabbage with Grapeseed oil (or rub it in with your hands).
- Flip cabbage slices over, and repeat spraying & seasoning steps above.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, checking after 10 minutes and then in 5 minute increments until you can pierce cabbage with a fork and the leaves are nice, crispy and brown.
- Remove from oven and serve alongside your main course.
Option 2: Chop cabbage into small pieces
- Place chopped cabbage in a gallon sized ziploc bag.
- Drizzle in 2-3 TBS oil and seal bag. Using a kneading motion, knead the oil into the cabbage until it is completely covered.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove cabbage from oven and stir. Cook for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve alongside your main course!