Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 15 ounce pumpkin puree (can)
- 1 Banana (mashed)
- 4 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup Organic Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses
- 1 cup Spelt Flour
- 1/2 cup Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin cups with paper liners or coat with oil to prevent sticking.
- Add the wet ingredient mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. It is very important not to over stir. You should still have little spots of flour showing in some places but the mixture should be about 90% mixed. Over mixing causes muffins to toughen up when baked.
- Fill your muffin cups with the batter. I like to use a ice cream scoop we have that's large for this so my muffins are all the same size. I filled my muffin cups to 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes. Cooking time varies by oven. Muffins are done when they are firm to the touch on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Once finished, remove from oven and remove from pan. Cool on a wire rack.
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
Swap raisins for dried cranberries, figs or other dried fruit. Note: These freeze great. I make a big batch (like this) and then freeze the extra's. This batch is written for 32 muffins because I cook in bulk and freeze 🙂