A hearty muffin to get your day started right. These muffins are flexible. To make them gluten-free simply replace the spelt flour with oat flour. You can mix up the type of fruit you use in them and even add cinnamon for a bite of spice.
Healthy Power Muffins
- 1 cup Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 1 cup Spelt Flour
- 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 tbsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp Chia Seed
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Dried Goji Berries (may also substitute other dried or fresh fruit)
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (may substitute any milk product)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Pure Almond Extract
- 12 drops Liquid Stevia (We use Young Living’s)
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 Banana (pureed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 3 cup bowl, combine vanilla, almond, stevia, honey, banana and milk of choice and blend until smooth with a whisk or fork.
- In the large mixing bowl, make a well in the dry ingredients. Pour in the wet ingredient mixture and stir until just combined. Do NOT overmix. The batter should be lumpy you should still be able to see the flour not quite mixed in.
- Using a 1/4 c measuring cup, scoop the batter into lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, checking towards the end of the baking cycle for doneness by tapping on the center of the muffin. Cool on wire-racks and enjoy.
- These freeze well, we tend to freeze them. They defrost on the counter while we get ready for the day or we pop them back in the oven for that just-baked taste.