These pancakes are high in protein but remain tender and delicious. A single recipe yields approximately 16 pancakes. Double the recipe and freeze extras for weekday meals/snacks.
Whole Grain Yogurt & Fruit Pancakes
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Spelt Flour (or oat flour)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 egg
- 2 cups Plain Greek Yogurt (If you use flavored then omit the honey)
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup fruit preserves (for topping)
- 1 cup blueberries (or other fruit as an optional mix in)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (for skillet)
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together honey, eggs, greek yogurt and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Batter should be lumpy.
- Let batter sit for 5 minutes so that it increases in size and bubbles form as the baking soda reacts with the yogurt.
- Optional: Mix in whole fruit pieces such as blueberries or chopped strawberries
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour batter onto skillet.
- Cook pancakes until done.
- Top with reserved fruit preserves and enjoy!