As I started creating fall Keto Recipes, I realized I was going to need to figure out how to make dairy free unsweetened condensed milk.
The Method Behind Keto Dairy Free Unsweetened Condensed Milk
Make sure you do NOT grab the “light” version of coconut milk. Follow the links on this page so you know exactly what you're shopping for when you head to your local grocer.
You want to select canned full-fat coconut milk without any added sugar. Read the ingredients to make sure no added sugar or sweetener has been added.
I have used a few different brands to make this and they all turned out great.
Comment and let me know how yours turns out below!
I have so many ideas for using this unsweetened condensed milk in keto recipes for the fall and holiday season!
Ingredients for Unsweetened Condensed Milk
There are different brands of full-fat coconut milk that have recently come to the market. I use quite a bit of it on the keto diet and purchase it by the case these days.
Tutorial Video: Unsweetened Condensed Milk
Check out my YouTube channel “Tara's Keto Kitchen”!
I share new videos and recipes every week. Subscribe so you're notified by YouTube when the recipes post.
Dairy Free Unsweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (13.66 ounce)
- In a small saucepan combine coconut milk and optional BochaSweet and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir occasionally. Reduce the heat so that the mixture is lightly simmering.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the milk has reduced to approximately one-third of its original amount. You’ll notice that it’s much thicker when it’s finished. This takes 20-30 minutes.
- The mixture will thicken even more as it cools. Allow it to cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge or use immediately in a recipe such as Keto Hot Fudge Sauce!
- This makes 4-6 ounces of finished unsweetened condensed milk.