A simple, delicious chicken chili I created one day after finding organic chicken breasts on sale at Whole Foods. This recipe fills a large 6 quart crock-pot and yields 24 cups.
Chicken Three Bean Chili: A Crock-Pot Recipe
- 3 lbs Organic Chicken Breast (use a mixture of breast & thighs if desired)
- 4 oz Green Chilies (can diced) (Hot)
- 1 cup Water
- 3 Jalapenos (diced and seeded)
- 1/2 large Onion (diced)
- 2, 14.5 oz Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 6 oz Organic Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder (I used medium hot from Penzys)
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional for heat)
- 4 cups White Beans
- 4 cups Red Kidney Beans
- 2 cups Black Beans
- In your 6 quart crockpot, cover the 3 lbs of organic chicken with 1 cup water and the 4 oz can of diced green chili's.
- Cook chicken in crockpot on low for 2 hours or until chicken is cooked through and shreds easily.
- Shred the chicken breast on a cutting board and add back to your crock-pot.
- Add the diced jalapenos, onion, tomatoes, paste, spices and mix to combine.
- Add the 10 cups of beans and mix to combine.
- Cook on low for 2 hours or until jalapenos and onions are cooked and flavors have combined. You can cook on the lowest setting for 4 hours alternately.
- Stir every 30 minutes.
Dollop with plain Greek yogurt
Sprinkle with your favorite cheese and crumble a few tortilla chips on top
Use as a topping on salad to create a Mexican style salad
Make nachos and use chili as a topping. Our favorite chips are Way Better Snacks Black Bean Chips.